How to choose the right earrings
Hopefully, we can help show you how to choose the right earrings for your special day. We spend so much time on our makeup and hairstyles but so little time on earrings, however, because the face is usually the first assessment that people make when meeting you.
For example, we access happy, sad, groomed, or un-kept. It gives us an insight to someone at the first meeting.
Earrings are the finishing touch that can frame the face. Utilizing the color and shape of that earring in relation to your skin tone, face shape, and the rest of your outfit is quite important.
Let’s consider the face shapes first.
- Earrings to suit a round face shape: Don’t add width. Avoid large round disc shapes or heavy hoops.
- Earrings to suit an oval face: The luckiest face shape of all most styles suit this shape face.
- Long face earring styles: If you have a long face with a pointed chin, wear long earrings wider at the bottom, therefore, balancing the face Thinner tip for a wider chin. You can wear round studs or disc shapes.
Not sure of your face shape, then play it safe.
If it’s all too much having to differ what face shape you have. There is a solution. Certain styles of earrings suit most face shapes. For a formal occasion or bridal, choose a drop earring between 1 inch and 1 1/2 inches long in a teardrop shape, possibly a pearl drop or crystal. This will enable you to wear a necklace or hairpiece without it being too much. For instance, Mystic earrings or aria style is an excellent choice.
How to choose the right earrings for your bridal hairstyle.
- Compliment your hairstyle if you are wearing your hair down, we suggest half up half down, so your hair is drawn back from your face to show off your earring choice. If wearing all your hair down, your jewelry choice will be hidden and purposeless. Not to mention a tangled mess of hair and earrings is never attractive.
- Now you have possibly also considered your face shape and the time of year when choosing your hairstyle. Also, the wedding style, for example, boho, would lend itself to a down style or a loose bun. This style would lend itself to a hair vine or bridal headpiece for a more formal event with an updo, possibly a tiara. Team your earrings with these bridal hair accessories.
- Neck length if you have a short neck check the size of a long earring to ascertain that they won’t drag on your shoulder line.
Choose your jewellery choices carefully.
A cheap pair of earrings can downgrade a glamorous look. Check the cut of the stone; it should be cut to utilize the light and reflect it well. If choosing pearl jewellery check the pearl colour, it should be realistic. Not plastic looking. Especially in a large statement piece. By buying affordable fashion earrings from hello lovers you get the look of the real thing without the price tag.
Also, design a well-balanced design that has been carefully thought of regarding weight ( there is nothing worse than a heavy earring); your comfort is paramount too.
Jewellery setting colour and tone
Being selective of the gems that are in your new jewelry choice is not enough. A setting colour can also cheapen the look. Just because you have chosen a fashion gold earring, for instance, take into account is the gold in the setting a realistic tone. There are many different tones in gold and silver, some realistic, some not.
The unspoken rule for wearing Statement earrings
Never and I mean never wear a statement earring with a statement necklace or hairpiece; there is such a thing as overdoing it. The clash will detract and overpower your look. I hate to say it, but there is such a thing as too much sparkle.