How to choose the right bridal earrings
Hopefully, we can help show you how to choose the right earrings for your special day. We spend so much time on our makeup and hairstyles but so little time on earrings, however, because the face is usually the first assessment that people make when meeting you.
For example, we access happy, sad, groomed, or un-kept. It gives us an insight to someone at the first meeting.
Earrings are the finishing touch that can frame the face. Utilizing the color and shape of that earring in relation to your skin tone, face shape, and the rest of your outfit is quite important.
Let’s consider the face shapes first.
- Earrings to suit a round face shape: Don’t add width. Avoid large round disc shapes or heavy hoops.
- Earrings to suit an oval face: The luckiest face shape of all most styles suit this shape face.
- Long face earring styles: If you have a long face with a pointed chin, wear long earrings wider at the bottom, therefore, balancing the face Thinner tip for a wider chin. You can wear round studs or disc shapes.
Not sure of your face shape, then play it safe.
If it’s all too much having to differ what face shape you have. There is a solution. Certain styles of earrings suit most face shapes. For a formal occasion or bridal, choose a drop earring between 1 inch and 1 1/2 inches long in a teardrop shape, possibly a pearl drop or crystal. This will enable you to wear a necklace or hairpiece without it being too much. For instance, Mystic earrings or aria style is an excellent choice.
- Compliment your hairstyle if you are wearing your hair down, we suggest half up half down, so your hair is drawn back from your face to show off your earring choice. If wearing all your hair down, your jewelry choice will be hidden and purposeless. Not to mention a tangled mess of hair and earrings is never attractive.
- Now you have possibly also considered your face shape and the time of year when choosing your hairstyle. Also, the wedding style, for example, boho, would lend itself to a down style or a loose bun. This style would lend itself to a hair vine or bridal headpiece for a more formal event with an updo, possibly a tiara. Team your earrings with these bridal hair accessories.
- Neck length if you have a short neck check the size of a long earring to ascertain that they won’t drag on your shoulder line.
A cheap pair of earrings can downgrade a glamorous look. Check the cut of the stone; it should be cut to utilize the light and reflect it well. If choosing pearl jewellery check the pearl colour, it should be realistic. Not plastic looking. Especially in a large statement piece. By buying affordable fashion earrings from hello lovers you get the look of the real thing without the price tag.
Also, design a well-balanced design that has been carefully thought of regarding weight ( there is nothing worse than a heavy earring); your comfort is paramount too.
Jewellery setting colour and tone
Being selective of the gems that are in your new jewelry choice is not enough. A setting colour can also cheapen the look. Just because you have chosen a fashion gold earring, for instance, take into account is the gold in the setting a realistic tone. There are many different tones in gold and silver, some realistic, some not.
The unspoken rule for wearing Statement earrings
Never and I mean never wear a statement earring with a statement necklace or hairpiece; there is such a thing as overdoing it. The clash will detract and overpower your look. I hate to say it, but there is such a thing as too much sparkle.
Elegant wedding earrings for your special day
My advice is to always follow your own individual sense of style, View our Wedding Earrings online or visit our Melbourne store in Hallam. Wear our bridal earrings with pride and enjoy the day knowing you have made the right choice.
There are several types of wedding earrings, including:
1. Studs: These are small, simple, that sits directly on the earlobe. They are often made with a single gemstone, diamond, or pearl.
2. Hoops: These are circular earrings that go around the earlobe. They can be simple or decorated with beads or other embellishments.
3. Drop earrings: This style hangs down from the earlobe, often featuring a gemstone, diamond, or pearl at the bottom.
4. Chandelier earrings are large, extravagant styling that dangles from the earlobe.
5. Dangle earrings: These earrings hang from the earlobe and have a decorative element that hangs down.
6. Cluster earrings: This style features a group of small gemstones or diamonds, or pearls arranged together to make a more significant statement.
7. Pearl earrings: These feature pearls in various styles and designs, classic and elegant. Always a favorite for weddings.
8. Sparkling earrings: These are made with crystals, diamontes, or diamonds and can come in various styles and designs. They catch the light as you move.
Which earring will suit my wedding.
The style of earrings you should wear to your wedding depends on your personal sense of style, your dress’s design, and your wedding’s overall theme.
If you have a classic, traditional wedding, stud or small drop earrings would be a good choice. A more modern or bohemian wedding, hoops or dangle earrings would be a good option.
Or a vintage-inspired wedding, Art Deco or chandelier designs would be a perfect complement.
Consider the neckline of your dress. If you have a high neckline, studs or small drops would be the best choice. If you have a low or strapless gown, you can choose more elaborate and statement earrings.
Pairing wedding earrings with your bridal hair.
The earrings that suit bridal hairstyles depend on the style of the hairstyle itself. Here are a few examples:
- Studs or small earrings work well with an updo, as they won’t get lost in the hair.
- Hoops or designs that dangle from your earlobes complement a sleek, low ponytail or a messy bun.
- Pair Chandelier or statement earrings with romantic curls or a half-up/half-down hairstyle to add some sparkle and glamour to the look.
- Pearls are a timeless choice that can complement any hairstyle and add a touch of elegance.
- Cluster styles can be an excellent option for brides wearing braided hairstyles.
- It’s also important to keep in mind the overall look and theme of your wedding. A more classic or elegant earring style might be a better fit if you have a more formal wedding. If you are having a more casual or beach wedding, a more laid-back or bohemian style might be more appropriate. Ultimately, you should choose earrings that complement your hairstyle and make you feel confident and beautiful on your special day.
How to choose the right earrings to coordinate with your dress:
The jewelry should coordinate with your dress, not compete with it. A statement piece of jewelry will draw attention, so it’s important to make sure it complements the style and silhouette of your dress.
Keep the rest of your jewelry simple:
If you’re wearing a statement piece of jewelry, it’s best to keep the rest of your jewelry simple. Wearing too much jewelry can be overwhelming and take away from the statement piece.